Our Top Ten Tips For Writing an Effective Press Release
1. The first sentence should grab the reader’s attention and make them want to read more.
2. Use content within the first paragraph which shows what your target audience is.
3. Show your press release to someone in a similar industry and get some feedback.
4. Make sure your content is well written and proof read.
5. Keep the language simple so that you do not alienate your audience.
6. State the facts and avoid waffling.
7. Give the reader as many contact options as you can i.e. phone, fax, email etc…
8. Make sure you have relevant web links in your article to take the reader to your website where they can find out more.
9. Make sure that if a journalist wanted to write an article from your press release that all necessary and newsworthy information is included.
10. Commence the press release with your attention grabbing text, followed by your main news and then talk about the company behind it.